Tuesday 13 November 2012

Mere's First Day Out


Today was my first official day exploring the city.  I've been here for a full week now so I'm sure some of you are wondering if I've really just been hanging around our apartment and the answer is yes.   Please note that our apartment has an outdoor pool, it has been hot and sunny almost everyday and I have all three of the Hunger Games books downloaded on my Kindle (Go Team Gale!)  It's not like I haven't been outside and walked around a little; it's just that today I reached for my running shoes instead of a bathing suit and my camera instead of my beach towel.   It was also the first day I felt comfortable enough with my surrounding so I didn't have to text Mark and ask him how to get home.  

Here are a few of the pictures.  I've put the rest on fbook.  And Tina I'll send you a link to my picasa account since you're the only person still left in the world under the age of 30 that does not have a facebook account.  


Sick of pictures of the Opera House yet?  Well don't be.  I'm just getting started.



These are jacaranda trees which Mark reminded me to take pictures of at least a billion times because he likes them so much.  When I asked him if he liked these trees, or Justin Timberlake more, he couldn't give me a definitive answer.  



I think they started painting this at every cross-walk for people like me. (b.t.dub - I was only almost hit by ONE car today and it wasn't even that close.  A marked improvement from last week).

No comments:

Post a Comment