Monday 22 October 2012

A Cure for a case of the Mondays

Day 16 (Monday Oct 22nd)

Sydney Craft Beer Week officially started on Sunday, so great timing on my part. I've put a schedule together of events to attend during the week, with an off day on Thursday to check out the Cockatoo Island Film Festival.

Monday (Today): Head to Yulli's (a vegetarian joint) in Surry Hills which is south of the CBD (Central Business District) where I live for Thirsty Crow Tap Takeover a beer. Turns out there was a "delay" in the Tap Takeover and it won't start until tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. Surry Hills is an artsy, hipstery, vegetarian village with a reputation of good cafe's and restaurants. I will definitely come back to check out the scene, and may return to Yulli's if they do indeed have the Thirsty Crow tap-takeover.

Yulli's; womp, womp


The rest of the weekly schedule if nothing fails:

Tuesday: Stone & Wood & Vinyl @ Mojo Record Bar, CBD - Let's hope I don't add to my collection  the waste of $ that is the Pearl Jam holiday singles and the Beauty Feast (much to the dismay of Robby, I purchased their single at the now defunct Alchemist in Jamaica Plain after about 3 Pabst tall boys) 45's. I don't even own a record player to listen to them. Or possibly a return to those lying vegans at Yulli's.

Wednesday: Beergustation @ Hart's Pub, the Rocks - this is an 8 course beer pairing dinner. Fingers crossed I can function on Thursday.

Thurs: Cockatoo Island Film Festival to see 360 starring Jude Law, Rachael Weisz, Anthony Hopkins, and Ben Foster and directed by the dude who did City of God. If you haven't seen City of God, watch/rent/steal it now. Cockatoo Island is one of the Sydney Harbor Islands, and has been recommended as a great day trip:



Friday:  Young Henry's Tap Takeover @ Royal Albert Hotel, Hyde Park area.

Walking through Hyde Park on my way home tonight, I took a picture of the Archibald Fountain built by a French Artist François-Léon Sicard at the request of J.F. Archibald, owner/editor of the Bulletin Magazine, to commemorate the association between France and Australia in World War I (as long as wikipedia isn't lying). It is a pretty amazing piece of art:



Official Days until Mote's comes countdown: Fortnightly! (this is a widely used way to express 2 weeks).






No comments:

Post a Comment