Saturday 13 October 2012

Bondi

Day 7 (Saturday Oct 13th)

Official Days until Mote's comes countdown: 22 days!

Kicked off the end of my 1st official week in Sydney by heading to Bondi Beach, perhaps Australia's most famous beach. Not sure what I was expecting, but Bondi was pleasantly a lot less commercially/crowded than I would have thought and much more beautiful. Maybe it was because it was a tad cool to be a complete beach day or maybe because I had Hampton Beach, NH in my mind for some reason:

Great scenery, but no Blinks Fried Dough :(






Along the boardwalk of Bondi are graffiti murals, one of my favorites:




I walked the cliffwalk to Bronte Beach from Bondi which is a 3.5km walk/climb along the cliffs bordering the ocean. There were some absolutely stunning views and some aboriginal carvings in the rocks beside the path. Below is the view of Bronte beach straight ahead from atop the cliffwalk.


Unlike my twin brother John when he visited Australia a few years back, I did not get on the wrong bus on my way back from Bondi. Mark 1, John 0.

Still too early to decide b/w Bondi and Manly if we do want the beach lifestyle as there is plenty left to explore in both places.

So far the only nuisance living downtown was listening to the Occupy Wall Street Sydney outside my apartment after returning from Bondi. More like Occupy Mark's Nap Time.




No comments:

Post a Comment